Dear El Rodeo Families
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! El Rodeo has a great sense of community, diverse student population, an outstanding staff, wonderful and involved parents.
We urge you to get involved in your child’s education at El Rodeo and to stay informed. Research has proven that parent involvement has a powerful effect on student achievement and success! By being involved with your child’s school, your child will feel comfortable in their school environment and hence, allow them to excel in their education.
- Support El Rodeo – Give to The Annual Fund at the beginning of this school year, thereby contributing to your child’s academic enrichment and classroom equipment upgrades. El Rodeo’s educational curriculum has been dramatically enhanced by PTA fundraising. We are asking for 100% participation – we need every family!
- Volunteer as a Room Parent - Contact your child's teacher to learn more about opportunities to assist in the classroom.
- Volunteer for PTA sponsored events – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to PTA meetings.
Get School Spirit!
- Attend our events – We pride ourselves in school spirit and hope you attend all of our school events, whether for our whole school or grade specific. We are excited to see the return of the Fun Run, a wildly successful and fun event for students and parents alike! We are also excited to announce our new Fall Harvest Festival in the fall and Casino Night in the spring. See the PTA Calendar for more dates.
- Show your spirit – Wear a stylish El Rodeo t-shirt or sweatshirt! Our Spirit Wear is available for purchase throughout the year.
- Log on to er.bhusd.org – To review the new online Wednesday Envelope, or to access the School Calendar for this year’s meetings and events, and find other helpful information and resources.
- Attend PTA meetings – This is a great way to learn what is happening at the school!
- Sign up to receive and read our informative weekly "El Rodeo Weekly PTA Bulletin" – emailed to you personally each week once you subscribe online: DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE DELIVERY: Go to er.bhusd.org, scroll down on the homepage to the "Weekly Bulletin" section, then click where it says to "Sign up for the Weekly PTA Bulletin." Once you enter your email, you will automatically receive the bulletin. We work hard to produce this resource so please take advantage of this convenient and comprehensive weekly form of communication.
- Come to School Meetings and Events – See The School Calendar and PTA Calendar for dates.
- Follow Board of Education Mtgs – on KBEV (Ch 6; every other Tuesday 7 pm) or at BHHS.
- Visit the El Rodeo website to find your child’s individual supplies as well as suggested classroom supplies.
We are looking forward to seeing you all. Get ready for a GREAT year!
Krissy Austin & Emily Wolf
El Rodeo PTA Co-Presidents
605 North Whittier Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210