Dear El Rodeo Families
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! El Rodeo has a great sense of community, diverse student population, an outstanding staff, and wonderful, involved parents.
We urge you to get involved in your child’s education at El Rodeo and to stay informed. Research has shown that parent involvement has a powerful effect on student achievement and success! By being involved with your child’s school, your child will feel comfortable in their school environment and help them to excel in their education.
- Support El Rodeo – Give to The Annual Fund at the beginning of this school year, thereby contributing to your child’s academic enrichment and classroom equipment upgrades. El Rodeo’s educational curriculum has been dramatically enhanced by PTA fundraising. We are asking for 100% participation – we need every family!
- Volunteer in Your Child’s Class- Contact your child's teacher to learn more about opportunities to assist in the classroom.
Get School Spirit!
- Attend our events – We pride ourselves in school spirit and hope you attend our school events, whether for our whole school or grade specific. From our Movie Nights, Bedtime with Books, Fall Harvest Festival, Community Restaurant Fundraisers, Book Fair, Multicultural Day, or our Fun Run- you are bound to find an event where you can come meet other El Rodeo parents and support our school. See our PTA Calendar for events and dates.
- Show your spirit – Wear a stylish El Rodeo t-shirt or sweatshirt! Our Spirit Wear is available for purchase throughout the year.
- Log on to er.bhusd.org –To access the School Calendar for this year’s meetings and events, and find other helpful information and resources.
- Attend PTA meetings – This is a great way to learn what is happening at the school!
- Sign up to receive and read our informative weekly "El Rodeo Weekly PTA Bulletin" – emailed to you each week once you subscribe online:
- DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE DELIVERY: Go to er.bhusd.org, scroll down on the homepage to the "Weekly Bulletin" section, then click where it says to "Sign up for the Weekly PTA Bulletin." Once you enter your email, you will automatically receive the bulletin. We work hard to produce this resource so please take advantage of this convenient and comprehensive weekly form of communication.
- Come to School Meetings and Events – See The School Calendar and PTA Calendar for dates.
- Follow Board of Education Meetings – on KBEV (Ch 6; every other Tuesday 7 pm) or at BHHS.
We are looking forward to seeing you all. Get ready for a GREAT year!
Emily Wolf & Molly Corey
El Rodeo PTA Co-Presidents