GET INVOLVED IN PTA – THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!!!!
Our PTA does so many things to enhance our school experience and community.
Take a look at our committee descriptions which are in alphabetical order
and contact us at email@example.com to get in on the action!
- Help us keep in touch with our ER Families through the ER Weekly Online Bulletin!
- We gather information about what's going on at El Rodeo-everything from news to announcements to congratulations to thank you's and disseminate it electronically with important dates and our principal's weekly letter to ER families
COMMUNITY SERVICE & SERVICE LEARNING
- Come help ER students give back to the broader community through positive volunteer experiences. (Our service learning volunteerism is tied to curriculum & State Standards)
- Last year our students reached out by:
- Donating extra lunches to the Westside Food Bank for homeless children
- Collecting new socks for impoverished children at Camp Harmony's summer camp
- Donating extra change to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Organizing a book drive for underprivileged Los Angeles area schools
- Preparing Christmas Eve Dinners for LA's homeless population
- The Los Angeles Music Center brings professional artists in MUSIC, DANCE, THEATRE and VISUAL ARTS to El Rodeo thanks to generous contributions to the PTA Annual Fund and the planning of PTA parents like you!!!
- Each grade level experiences the magic of live performances and workshops from internationally acclaimed artists throughout the year in our own newly renovated auditorium.
- El Rodeo is one of the largest Music Center On Tour programs in Southern California. Thank you El Rodeo families for your support!
- Our PTA Annual Fund subsidizes great programs, such as these:
- The Art of Puppets and Marionette
- Peggy Hasegawa origami workshops
- Beatrix Potter and Lotta Crabtree
- John Zeretzke World of Music
- Craig Woodson World Orchestra and workshop
- Ellen Shulze puppet and marionette workshops
- Got Rhythm!
- Creative Percussion
- The Goin South Band
- A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Odyssey
- Mask Messenger
- The String Family Players Mozart
- Letters To Harriet Tubman
- We Tell Stories
- Alfredo Rolando Ortiz
- Olga Loya Latin American Stories
- Land of the Harps
- David Prather Poetry Jam
- Dr. Sue's Insect Zoo
- The Chameleons wonder of words
- The Bully Dudes
- Pacifico Dance
- Northwind Quintet
- Eth Noh Tec
- Tiffany Bong Dance Workshops
- Diane Ferlatte
- Brass Pacifica
CURRICULAR ENHANCEMENTS: WRITER'S WORKSHOP
- Help us organize our annual Young Writers Conference for El Rodeo 8th grade students.
- This Conference instills a passion for writing and aims to improve writing skills.
- El Rodeo students choose four workshops led by respected and published Authors, Marketing & PR Professionals, Songwriters, Producers & Screenwriters in a kid version of an adult professional conference.
- Workshop titles have included such things as:
- Time Travel With Me
- From Script to Screen - Turning Your Ideas into Movies
- Weaving History Into Fiction
- Covering the Bases - Writing about Sports
- Making Science an Adventure
- Build a Better Monster (Character)
ER is greenER COMMITTEE
- Help us grow El Rodeo's Environmental Program
- Teach our children earth-friendly behaviors and create a culture of conservation at El Rodeo for years to come!
- The ERisgreenER program supplements our children's ecological education through simple & fun activities that focus on recycling, reducing, and reusing everyday objects.
- Help our students become environmentally responsible at El Rodeo and in their community.
- Recent Accomplishments:
- Instituted a Water Recycling Program & Raised money for the PTA
- Created an Earth-friendly Student Behavior Competition
- Recycled Used Tennis Shoes in the Nike-Reuse-A-Shoe Program
- Walked Kids to School every Wednesday
- Implemented Turn Off Your Ignition Rules in the Carpool Lanes
- Rehabilitated & Planted the Community Garden for K-2nd Graders
- Helped Organize the ERiscleanER Beautification Day
- Reduced Lunchtime Waste with Reusable Water Bottles & Lunch Bags
- Help us plan, organize, & party!!!
- We LOVE our annual barbeque which welcomes all our ER families and students back to school!
- The El Rodeo Annual Fund enables our school to operate at the highest standards of academic excellence and with state-of-the-art equipment
- Parent donations subsidize:
- our extensive cultural enrichment programs in every grade
- science enrichment K-5
- language arts enrichment, including 8th grade writers conference
- scholarships for outdoor education experiences
- 8th to 9th Grade transition activities
- computers and monitors in every classroom
- outstanding academic enrichment programs
- emergency supplies in each classroom
- playground items including shade structures
- language arts enhancement
- theater arts production
- print and broadcast journalism and state of the art green screen studio
- specialized textbooks
- equipment & staffing
- our amazing computer lab
- What you can do to help...
- Talk to your friends about the need for giving to our school, especially now
- If you don't see people you know on the donation lists that come out, encourage them to participate
- Encourage grandparents to make donations on behalf of their grandchildren
- We need volunteers to attend school events and hand out donation envelopes to parents and answer questions about our Annual Fund
- We need volunteers to assist with ordering Founders' Wall plaque and other tasks
- If you have any ideas that might encourage more people to invest in their children's education, please contact Dori Kenneally firstname.lastname@example.org
- We provide refreshments for any meetings assemblies and simple "get togethers" which the PTA requires, supports and funds.
- Help us make these events yummy!
- Help us plan our annual contest where kids submit creative interpretations of a multi-cultural theme that changes yearly.
- The event brings cultural awareness to our students and highlights the diversity of all the beautiful cultures within our school and our world.
- Help judge winners in the following categories:
- POETRY & ESSAYS
- Prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners by the local businesses that support our school at a pot luck dinner held at ER.
- Families bring ethnically diverse dishes to share our cultural heritages.
- Join us again in the spring to plan, organize, & party!!!
- Celebrate the successes of our school year at our annual Open House Picnic back to school!
- Learn about El Rodeo's Parent Teacher Administration and how you can become an active volunteer in your school's PTA
- Help us run the PTA!
- We have so many great ways for you to get involved in the administration of our day-to-day operations.
- RECORDING SECRETARY
- Takes minutes at all PTA meetings
- CORRESPONDING SECRETARY
- Writes all letters from the PTA to ER Families, Administration & the Community
- Prepares financial statements, pays PTA bills, files PTA tax returns, balances accounts, oversees all PTA cash flow
- FINANCIAL SECRETARY
- Assists treasurer and makes deposits
- Reviews financial bookkeeping
- Takes photos and records past PTA events
- Insures that PTA follows national PTA rules and guidelines
- COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
- Attends and represents ER at the PTA Council Meetings
- ER SIGN
- Updates ER Signage on front gate to communicate with ER families
- Help us organize this creative National PTA Contest that we administer school wide. Our students submit artistic submissions in the areas of music, dance, theater, writing, and photography. They are judged locally, and then on a district wide and potentially national and state-wide level.
- YOU KNOW YOUR KIDS ARE SAFE AT EL RODEO.
- Help maintain the newly created classroom safety kits.
- These emergency kits are designed to provide everything our children would need in case of natural disasters or emergencies
- Help update the kits annually with:
- State-of-the-art Safety Equipment
- Emergency Supplies
- First Aid Kit
- Help us compete in the annual Science Olympiad!!!
- This national program engages kids around the country in regional, state, and ultimately national level competition in approximately 23 events.
- Events Include:
- Academic subjects: Astronomy, Geography & Food Science
- Projects prepared prior to the competition:
- Performance categories that the students do that day:
- Science Words, Mystery Architecture
- The ER Student Directory is the ultimate source for all things El Rodeo. EVERY student and parent uses this invaluable resource!
- The Directory lists:
- student and family contact information
- staff and administration at ER
- as well as school/district calendars
- PTA Board contacts
- emergency procedures information
- WE NEED YOUR HELP:
- Oversee and help judge the annual ER Student Directory Cover Artwork Contest
- Sell ER family tribute ads and advertising to the community (100% of the proceeds going to the PTA)
- Collect student information & input it into a software system
- Proof drafts of information
- Distribute printed Directories to students
SPELL FOR SUCCESS
- Help us with this challenging & educational FUNraiser!!!!
- All ER Students participate in this annual spelling fundraiser where the proceeds directly benefit your child's class
- Teachers use this money to enrich their classrooms with additional
- art supplies,
- & supplemental educational materials
- Our El Rodeo Community is special because we have SPIRIT!
- Help raise much needed funds and encourage school pride by selling:
- Make ER not only a great place to learn but also a great place to be a kid with our silly SPIRIT days!!!
- Crazy Hair Day
- Twin Day
- 80s Day
- Crazy Sock Day
- Whether it's good news or bad, our help & support are here for you.
- Join us in caring for our families through life's ups and downs.
- HELP KEEP THE ER COMMUNITY CONNECTED
- Phone Trees
- Sending Congratulations
- Organizing Meals for Families in Need
- Connecting Families to Local Services They Need
- Acting as Liaison between ER Families and ER Faculty
- El Rodeo Teachers Give So Much To Our Kids – They Deserve A Little Something In Return!
- Join this Committee and help organize
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- Faculty Luncheons
- El RODEO KIDS SURE KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES!!!
- Help our children showcase their stuff in our annual Variety Show!
- Encourage our littlest singers, dancers, actors and entertainers as they charm their way into our hearts & challenge our older performers to reach for the stars.
- WE NEED YOUR:
- Theatrical Experience
- Musical Talents
- Set Design Abilities
- Energy & Supervision
||SPECIAL GRADUATION PHOTOS
How PTA Enhances the El Rodeo Experience
Get Involved â Find a Committee to Join
Event Calendar (pdf)
Book Tribute Program
Music Center Cultural Arts Assemblies
Service Learning Newsletter
ER is GreenER
PTA Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Minutes
PTA Council, including Free Parent Education Series, BHUSD/BHEF Track Meet, Etc.