EL RODEO’S 2010-2011 ANNUAL FUND CAMPAIGN
Dear El Rodeo Parents,
Please join us in welcoming the 2010-2011 school year by making an important investment in your child’s education. El Rodeo PTA plays a crucial role in your child’s educational experience by providing the financial means necessary to support a variety of academic enrichment programs that would not otherwise be available at our school. PTA’s annual budget is based on the cost of continuing El Rodeo’s existing programs, the anticipated costs of replacing broken or obsolete equipment, and providing the financial flexibility to incorporate new activities or programs as they may arise during the upcoming year.
WE SIMPLY CANNOT PROVIDE THE AMAZING ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT, STAFF SUPPORT, SUPPLIES, AND EQUIPMENT THAT HELP MAKE EL RODEO THE OUTSTANDING SCHOOL IT IS…. WITHOUT YOUR HELP!
1) When you donate to the Annual Fund Drive you will also receive:
- an automatic PTA membership
- one free student directory and
- one free child admission to the Aquarium of the Pacific (sponsored by the Aquarium).
2) Many employers will match Annual Fund donations. If your employer is among those, you may obtain the appropriate forms through your Human Resources department or personnel.
3) Donations may be made on-line: Go to www.er.bhusd.org and click on the “Donate Now” icon.
4) Donations may also be made in installments using a series of post-dated checks or noting that specific amounts are to be charged to your credit card on specified dates. You may also use a combination of checks and credit card transactions.
For more information regarding our Annual Fund, please see the El Rodeo PTA Annual Fund FAQ’s on the reverse side of this letter, which is also available online. For a comprehensive list of all the amazing 2009-2010 PTA-funded programs, activities, and equipment, please go to er.bhusd.org and click on Parents, PTA, 2009-2010 PTA Expenditures.
We are asking all families to make a tax-deductible donation to El Rodeo PTA!
In addition to the academic and enrichment benefits your contribution will make to El Rodeo students, every class with 100% participation in the drive will be able to celebrate with a special treat sponsored by PTA.
Azy Farahmand – Dana Young, El Rodeo Co-PTA Presidents
Dori Kenneally – Janet Javaheri, El Rodeo PTA Annual Fund Committee
El Rodeo School PTA
605 North Whittier Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Please email Dori Kenneally if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT IS THE ANNUAL FUND?
The Annual Fund is El Rodeo’s main fundraising campaign. Your contribution will remain right here at El Rodeo and pay for our fabulous school programs and services, which are not funded by BHUSD or the State of California (i.e., nearly everything at our school other than staff salaries)! Among MANY other things, the Annual Fund pays for:
- providing advanced technology hardware and software that is utilized school wide including a new computer lab with brand new PCs and Macs (new 2010!)
- providing extensive science enrichment for grades K-5, including a new live science lab (new 2010!)
- supporting outstanding Theater Arts, Yearbook, Newspaper, and Broadcast Journalism electives, including a new State of the Art Broadcasting/Photography Lab with green screen, etc.
- maintaining emergency supplies in and outside of the classroom
- providing an extensive arts enrichment program with at least 3 events for every grade level, incl. Music Center performances and individual classroom workshops (origami, puppetry, Shakespeare, etc.)
- providing an annual $400 supplies stipend for every teacher (more for new teachers)
- funding extensive K-8 community service opportunities and a professional mentor/coordinator
- engaging in ER is GreenER educational and spirit building activities
- purchasing PE equipment, musical instruments, and brand new hallway display boards
- purchasing extra textbooks (so students don’t have to carry them back and forth)
- hosting El Rodeo community wide events (e.g., annual bbq, open house, variety show)
- providing support and training reimbursement for our campus police officers
For a comprehensive list of last year’s PTA sponsored programs, activities, equipment, and supplies, go to er.bhusd.org.
- HOW MUCH SHOULD I CONTRIBUTE? WHAT ARE CORPORATE MATCHING PROGRAMS?
We ask that you contribute as much as you are able. The minimum requested contribution is $500.00 per student attending ER. (Some public schools in our area ask for $800.00 per year and most private schools expect roughly $30,000.00 per year per student in combined tuition and annual giving.) With our current State budget crisis, we need your help now more than ever. Many employers have Gift Matching programs, so please take the time to inquire at your office and note the program on your donation form.
- DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards.
- MAY I PAY IN INSTALLMENTS?
Yes. You may give post-dated checks or indicate that a credit card charge be split into equal installments.
- CAN I DONATE ONLINE?
Yes. Go to er.bhusd.org and click on the “Donate Now” button on the home page, or complete the annual fund envelope that your student brings home (or which you may also obtain from the office).
- ARE DONATIONS TAX DEDUCTIBLE? HOW ARE DONATIONS RECOGNIZED?
Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. You will receive a thank you note from our Principal. Donations of $1,000 and above are recognized on an individual plaque in the foyer at school.
- HOW IS THE ANNUAL FUND DIFFERENT FROM PTA MEMBERSHIP?
When you donate to the Annual Fund you will automatically be enrolled as a member of PTA, a national organization that advocates for children in education.
- HOW IS THE ANNUAL FUND DIFFERENT FROM CLASS FUNDS?
Class funds are used by your child’s teacher for class field trips and class events.
- MY CHILD IS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL NOW. WHY SHOULD I GIVE?
See er. bhusd.org for our incredible MS items, including ER Writers’ Conference, dedicated MS library work room with computers, printers, etc., Athlete of the Month, Musical Theater, Yearbook, BHPD Drug Program, Transition to BHHS Activities and Information, and so much more!
- DO I NEED TO MAKE SEPARATE DONATIONS FOR EACH OF MY CHILDREN?
No. All siblings will be credited equally for donations made by their family. Please list all of your children where indicated and feel free to notify each of their teachers that a family donation has been made.
- WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Contact Dori Kenneally at email@example.com for information or assistance.
Azy Farahmand - Dana Young, PTA Co-Presidents
Kenneally – Janet Javaheri, El Rodeo PTA
Annual Fund Committee
Dori Kenneally (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions
||SPECIAL GRADUATION PHOTOS
How PTA Enhances the El Rodeo Experience
Get Involved â Find a Committee to Join
Event Calendar (pdf)
Book Tribute Program
Music Center Cultural Arts Assemblies
Service Learning Newsletter
ER is GreenER
PTA Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Minutes
PTA Council, including Free Parent Education Series, BHUSD/BHEF Track Meet, Etc.